Energy-Efficient Entry Doors – Are They Worth the Hype!
Buying the right door for your house is as much about functionality as it is about aesthetics. A beautifully designed door can transform the entire look and energy of a house. In this guide, we will be talking about the benefits of the iconic collection of Inter-Québec entry doors and the reasons why they’re getting so popular.
So, let’s begin without any further preamble.
The Many Types of Advanced Doors You Can Choose From
- The PVC Entry Doors
Many people mistake PVC for cheap plastic. That’s, however, very untrue. Though a form of high-grade plastic, PVC is as good and strong as aluminum. The benefits of installing PVC entry doors in your house are as follows.
- It is extremely tough and resists everyday wear and tear very easily.
- PVC doors are weatherproofing options. They maintain a comfortable temperature inside the house because of their insulation properties.
- During winters, they do not let cold air escape inside the house. Hence, it saves energy.
- During summers, they block excessive heat that keeps the house cool.
- The Triple Glass Inserts Doors
These doors are extremely dynamic and, surprisingly, they can last for more than 2 decades easily, and require minimal maintenance.
Bear in mind, a high-quality, Energy-star approved, Triple-pane glass door can save about 20% more energy than double-pane doors and 50% more energy than single-pane doors.
- Steel Entry Doors
Whether it’s affordability, strength, or variety in terms of shapes and designs, nothing beats an energy-star certified steel entry door. When purchased from the right sellers like Inter-Quebec, you also get the option to customize the doors to complement the interiors of your house.
- Fiberglass Entry Doors
Durability is its USP. Fiberglass doesn’t rust, condense or expand, or corrode despite extreme weather. It requires very little maintenance and can still last for more than 3 decades. Interestingly, it can perfectly imitate the look, feel, and grainy texture of real wood.
The most popular types of designs include contemporary and classic. Whichever of the two you choose, you’ll have the option to pick colors, 3D designs to be engraved on the doors, and also the types of hinges and handle that you would want.
What is the Importance of Hinges and Handles?
When getting a customized door, it’s very important that you pick the right hinges and handles.
- Modern hinges don’t get noisy with time. They function very smoothly.
- Modern handles are provided with multi-locking technology that makes them much safer.
In a nutshell, an energy-efficient entry door is very functional and practical. Having one installed at your place is, therefore, a worthy investment.