Go the White Way: Aspects of a White Kitchen Cabinet
The color white represents sophistication and pristineness. Would you not like it if your kitchen shares these traits as well? If you are one who considers elegance as a part of your kitchen décor then you surely will. The color white never fails to give a neat, tidy, elegant and attractive look to your kitchen décor. Moreover, opting for white kitchen cabinets will further add to it, not just in terms of looks but also in terms of utility and efficiency. The color white further enhances the looks of your kitchen and make it appear larger.
If you are thinking of getting yourself a white kitchen cabinet, you would be delighted to know that there are different styles of white cabinets available in the market for you to choose from.
Here are 3 most popular designs of a white kitchen available:
- Vintage white cabinet: A vintage cabinet has a design that will certainly take you back to the homes of the Victorian era that had white or neutral tones which will reflect your sophisticated taste and personality. The subtlety of these cabinets turns your kitchen into a magnificent masterpiece.
- Antique white cabinets: A white kitchen cabinet provides your kitchen with a pristine timeless appeal. Its white color along with traditional design makes it a perfect choice for those who want to give their kitchen a look of the bygone era.
- White shaker cabinets: These cabinets, just like a vintage cabinet, give a feel of the Victorian era. A clear sign of white shaker cabinets is the large borders that give them a very traditional appeal.
Why people opt for white cabinets:
- Although the color white is usually associated with a more traditional feel, there are many people who opt for these and complement them with suitable furniture and countertops to bring about a more transitional feel.
- There are many people who opt for white cabinets just because of their clean and fresh quality.
- The color white makes the kitchen appear larger. Due to the white color’s light reflective quality, white vintage cabinets are a preferred choice for many people who have a smaller kitchen.
Ways to add to your white kitchen cabinets
- Glass panels: Replacing the wooden doors with glass panels allows you to showcase your vintage lunch and dinnerware. This adds to your vintage kitchen feel.
- Lights: Installing lights in your glass-panelled vintage cabinet can be a great complement that can provide the illusion of a larger space.
- Hardware: Opt for kitchen hardware like knobs, handles, faucets, and even sinks that will be suitable for your vintage kitchen décor.
- Wall-mounted cabinets: Opting for wall-mounted cabinets can add a lot of space to your small kitchen and even more accessible space.
A white kitchen cabinet is available in a long range of shapes and sizes which can be added to any kitchen, big or small. Nowadays RTA cabinets are also available which arrive at your doorstep ready to be assembled. This helps you save a lot on your kitchen cabinet expenditure. Their customizable nature gives them the ability to be positioned according to the space available in your kitchen.
However, other than white cabinets there are also cabinets of other designs and colors like cherry cabinets and walnut cabinets for you to choose from. To give your kitchen a certain look is totally up to you, but be sure to give it one which not only adds to the décor but also serves for an effective kitchen experience.